Anyone remember a post I did last year about the top 10 books I wanted to read in 2013? Didn’t think so…
I shouldn’t make a list for myself. I’m all over the place when it comes to reading. I did, however, finish ‘A Feast for Crows’ in case any of you were wondering. Let us see the progress I actually made with my list:
1. ‘Confederates Don’t Wear Couture’ by Stephanie Kate Strohm – Read!
– I really enjoyed this cute read. Libby’s southern drama is sometimes heart-wrenching and always humorous, but it pays off in the end. Not to mention I learned when sunglasses were invented. B+
2. ‘Scarlet’ by Marissa Meyer – Attempted.
– I picked the book up, but didn’t get into it after a hundred pages in. I wasn’t a big fan of Scarlet, or her love interest. I may pick it up again, who knows.
3. ‘Clockwork Princess’ by Cassandra Clare – Unread, but still desperate to read.
– I haven’t even picked it up off my shelf! Blasphemous, I know. I’m dying to read it, yet every time I look for my next book I pick something else up. Maybe it’ll be next. I cannot wait to see what happens to Tessa, Will, and Jem!
4. ‘A Wizard of Earthsea’ by Ursula K. Le Guin – Read
– I am not going to say too much about what I thought mainly because I don’t want to get hardcore nerds angry at me….but after all the hype, I expected more. MUCH more. D-/F
5. ‘Dance of Dragons’ by George RR Martin – Currently Reading.
– SSSSSOOOO much better than ‘A Feast for Crows’. Worlds better. I am glad to get back to the real storyline and like where it is going so far. The fourth season of ‘Game of Thrones’ looks like it will be including a great deal from the fifth book, so I got to get a move on.
6. ‘The Search for Wondla’ by Tony Diterlizzi – Read!
– I loved this book. I mean, I really loved it. I don’t care that it’s a kids book. The imaginative storytelling, the unique characters with the drawings pulling it all together. I highly recommend it and cannot wait to read the second one. A+
7. ‘Looking for Alaska’ by John Green – Attempted.
– If you like whiny teenage b/s, you will love this book. I tried, I really did. All I can really say is its been done, and its been done better.
8. ‘The Big Over Easy’ by Jasper Fforde – Unread.
– I need to get on this….
9. ‘The Lovely Bones’ by Alice Sebold – Unread.
– Sigh. I really need to get on this as well.
10. ‘Dying of the Light’ by George RR Martin – Attempted.
– I love the ‘Song of Ice and Fire’ series, but his high sci-fi was not for me. I can see it being a big hit with a hardcore fan, but it wasn’t my cup of tea. I did give it a chance though.
Yeah………..Not a good track record. I read dozens of books last year, but not very many of them were actually on my list. So no list this year. I’m going to wing it and keep you all up to date.
Right now I’m reading the third book in ‘The Cemetery of Forgotten Books’ series by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, ‘The Prisoner of Heaven’. I’ve heard it was a bit rushed, but I’m loving it so far. The first two (‘The Shadow of the Wind’ and ‘The Angel’s Game’) are in my top ten favorite books of all time!
Happy 2014 Reading!